- File a Tour Permit with Council for the activity
- Assemble a list of Scouts and Parents who are going
- Have a Gear check night and make sure scouts have the gear that is appropriate for this outing and make recomendations for additional items. If necessary ensure scouts gather those needed items through their own resources or the Troop resources.
- Troop Equipment checks
- Ice Fishing Gear
- What do the scouts already have
- What is needed and who needs what
- Wish List possibilites
- Finalize rough draft of Food list
- Assign grubmaster
- Ensure Grubmaster knows numbers and how to get food ready for the weekend.
- Find out if anybody needs cooking requirements for rank advancement
It seems like a lot but it will all come together relatively quickly, If I focus on these items.
Yours in Scouting
Junior Assistant Scoutmaster