Lets Start on the Don'ts:
- Don't Yell and scream at the scout it will just fuel the scouts fire and he will continue acting the way he is acting
- Don't reprimand him in front of his peers, he will despise you if you do reprimand him their.
- Don't be rude when telling the scout what he did wrong
- Don't just criticize the person.
- Don't focus on just bad.
- Do be patient calm and understanding. Kids will always be kids not matter what you do.
- Do make the scout aware of his bad behavior but do so privately and in a manner that conveys the issue but is non threatening and concise.
- Do point out the postive things the scout does. Keeping positive will make the scout see that you are there to be a part of the solution
- Do allow the scout to share his side of the story. Just talking to the scout about the issue will do miracles.
Yours in Scouting Service
Junior Assistant Scoutmaster
Great Alaska COuncil
Eagle Scout OA Brotherhood Member
NSJ '05 WSJ '07 Philmont AA '08