Ways to Kill Almost Any Organization
1. Don't attend meetings, but if you do, arrive late.
2. Be sure to leave before the meeting is closed.
3. Never have anything to say at the meeting - wait until you get outside.
4. When at the meeting, vote to do everything, then go home and do nothing.
5. The next day, find fault with the officers and other members.
6. Take no part in the organization's affairs.
7. Be sure to sit in the back, so you can talk freely to another member.
8. Get all the organization will give you, but don't give the organization anything.
9. Never ask anyone to join the organization.
10. At every opportunity, threaten to resign and try to get others to also.
11. Talk cooperation, but don't cooperate.
12. If asked to help, say you don't have time.
13. Never read anything pertaining to the organization.
14. Never accept an office - it is easier to criticize than do things.
15. If appointed to a committee, never give any time or service to it.
16. If there are finances to pay, just ignore it.
17. Don't do anymore than you have to, and, when others willingly and unselfishly use their ability to help the good cause along, then complain that the organization is run by a clique.
Why does it always seem easier to destroy the organization than make it work. The reason this is, is because of the fact that all you have to do to destroy a organization is to disassociate and fight every decision made which is easier than working on a goal that is going to require so much work from yourself.
Yours in Scouting Service
Junior Assistant Scoutmaster