Monday 19 May 2008

Tuesday Meeting Review

Troop 1616 After Meeting review
May 13, 2008
The reason why this one is so late is because of homework and having a scouting meeting or activity everyday from tuesday all the way to saturday. Hopefully I will get posts out about the scout activities that happened but I may not. This meeting is the last meeting the regular SPL is not going to show up which is going to give me a chance to take a step back and work on leadership development instead of being in the middle of everything. Being on the frontlines is fun and exciting but it is not my job to be in that position anymore I am a advisor and need to start doing this job more often. Their was one major issue and that was a scout who will not be named showed up to teach a activity but was not ready to teach and I as the JASM had to step in and take over the activity. I was not irritated about it because he let me take charge of the group but the scout should have known that he was not comfortable with the skill and (A) should have not accepted to job assignment or (B) should have asked for assistance in preparing the activity. Everything except for this including the pack inspections went great. We did not have any major gear issues which is a great thing for the Troop.

Yours in Scouting Service
Mark W
Junior Assistant Scoutmaster
Troop 1616

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews