Sunday 16 November 2008

Scout's Honor Prayer

On My Honor

by Walter Dudley Cavert

Dear Heavenly Father, help me to make honor the watchword of my life. Above everything else may I place the integrity of my own soul. Teach me that character is my most priceless possession.

As I wear my Scout badge, may it remind me that I have taken a vow to be a person of honor. Give me strength to be true to my promise.

Lift my life above all sham and make-believe. Give me a steadfast loyalty to the highest and best that I know. May I have the courage to stand for what I believe to be right in your sight, no matter what others may say or do. Keep me from violating my honor or selling my soul.

May the example of Jesus be my guide. Help me to remember that he cared more for your approval than for the praise or blame of men. In Christ's name, Amen.

Yours in Scouting Service

Mark W

Junior Assistant Scoutmaster

Troop 1616

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews