Lord Robert Baden Powell Scouting and Life Trivia Questions1. When was baden powell born?
2. He was the _______ son and _____ out of ten children.
3. What military unit was Baden Powell comissioned into bypassing the normal officer training establishments?
4. What was the name of the first Scouting book Baden Powell wrote in 1907?
5. Where did the 1907 first scout camp with 22 boys occur?
6. Scouting for Boys which was published in what year?
7. The book Scouting For Boys was originally sold as what?
8. How many languages as the book Scouting For Boys been translated into
9. In 1910 Baden Powell retired from the army when he was advised to by King Edward VII to do so. What age was he?
10. After Olave Soames became married to BP in 1912 they had three children, what are the childrens names?
11. During the first world scout jabmoree held in Olympia, London in 1920 B-P was given the title of what at the closing cremony?
12. At the third jamboree the prince of wales gave Baden Powell the title of _____ and this location later became the international training center for scout leaders known as ______.
13. How many books did BP write?
14. He received honorary degrees from at least ____ universities. Also he received ____ foreign orders and decorations and ____ foreign Scout awards were bestowed upon him.
15. During 1938 he returned to Africa to live in semi-retirment due because?
16. On what specific date at the age of 83 years did B-P die.
17. He was buried in a simple grave at what location? Be very specific
18. Lady Olave Baden Powell promoting scouting and Girl Guiding until her death in what year?
19. Where is Lady Okave Baden Powell Buried
Have to wait a couple of days before I will post the answers.
Hope you have fun trying to figure out the answers
Yours in Scouting Service
Junior Assistant Scoutmaster