Sunday 17 May 2009

Its Official

It is finally officially after completing the paperwork hurdle I have finally become a assistant scoutmaster. Becoming a assistant scoutmaster in my Troop is very important for two very different reasons.

The first reason is to be able to continue to serve my Troop in a official leadership position capacity which will allow me to get tenure for my 20 year mark award. This official leadership capacity will also allow me to continue to have direct contact with youth members and the Troop which allows me to give back to my community.

The second reason is because I just recently applied for a 3rd assistant scoutmaster position for the 2011 world scout jamboree. The reason this is important is because I need experience as a ASM before being able to qualiffy as a leader for the jamboree.

This will be the final time I sign as junior assistant scoutmaster.

Yours in Scouting Service
Mark W
Junior Assistant Scoutmaster
Troop 1616
Great Alaska COuncil
Eagle Scout OA Brotherhood Member
NSJ '05 WSJ '07 Philmont AA '08

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I'm sure your troop will benefit greatly from someone with your enthusiasm for the program. I'm sure you'll be a great asset to your Jamboree troop as well. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews