15 Steps to Build a Campfire
1) Split dead limb into fragments and shave fragments into slivers.
2) Bandage left thumb.
3) Chop other fragments into smaller fragments.
4) Bandage left foot.
5) Make structure of slivers (including those embedded in hand.).
6) Light match.
7) Light match.
8) Repeat "a Scout is cheerful" and light match.
9) Apply match to slivers, add wood fragments and blow gently into base of flames.
10) Apply burn ointment to nose.
11) When fire is burning, collect more wood.
12) Upon discovery that fire has gone out during your absence, soak wood from can labeled "kerosene".
13) Treat face and arms for second degree burns, and relabel can to read "gasoline".
14) When fire is burning well, add all remaining firewood.
15) When thunderstorm has passed, repeat steps 1-14.
Yours in Scouting Service
Great Alaska COuncil
Eagle Scout OA Brotherhood Member
NSJ '05 WSJ '07 '11 Philmont AA '08