Thursday 5 May 2011

Scouting Background and News Update

Hello all, I know that it has been almost 1 year to the date since I last published a post, hopefully this will not happen again or at least if I need to take a extended leave of absence from writing posts I will keep you guys informed. I was absent for many different reasons but it primarily came down to the fact that over the summer and into the fall I spent a fair amount of time in the hospital. I am now doing much better medically and I am sure glad I was able to get a lot of medical issues resolved. The other reason was because I became very involved and busy with school and homework. Even though I start summer school in a few weeks I continue on planning to write posts through that time while I am in class.

First off in order to get this update up and running in the right direction I figured I probably should reevaluate and further explain my Scouting Background. My home council is currently Great Alaska Council and I have been with this council since April 2007. The other Scout Council that I have had the privilege to be with is that of Denver Area Council. Years involved in Scouting as a youth and a adult now number close to 15 years or since I was in the first grade. I am an Eagle Scout, who earned his Eagle in the Fall of 2006 with Troop 780 from Castle Rock, Colorado. I am a brotherhood member of the Order of Arrow. The OA lodge that I am attached to is Nanuk Lodge. Another lodge that I have served in is that of Tahosa Lodge. Currently I serve as a Assistant Den Leader for Pack 100 in Anchorage, Alaska, and as a Assistant Scoutmaster for Troop 1316 in anchorage alaska for Troop 1616 in soldotna, alaska which in the near future will be renumbered as Troop 669. I attended the 2005 National Scout Jamboree, served as staff for the 2010 National Scout Jamboree, and attended the 2007 World Scout Jamboree. I hope sometime in the near future I can serve on the district level of scouting.

Yours in Scouting Service
Mark W
Assistant Den Leadeer/Assistant Scoutmaster
Troop 1316, Troop 1616(aka 669), Pack 100
Tustumena District/ Denali District/ Eklutna District, Great Alaska Council
NSJ '05 Youth Participant '10 Subcamp 7 Youth Staff WSJ '07
Eagle Scout OA Brotherhood Member
Big Horn Denver Area Council NYLT QM Philmont AA '08

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews