Sunday 4 March 2012

Scout Hours Update 2

Well so continuing my regular updates about the number of hours I spent on Scout related activities, projects, events, or anything else related to Scouting, I now have the total number of hours spent on Scouts for the month of February 2012. The total was definitely higher than January 2012 so my prediction based on the number of outings I have this coming month will probably mean that there will be another increase in hours. So before I just ramble on I guess I should probably share the total, so for the month of February 2012 the total number of hours spent on Scout related tasks or activities comes to:

131.75 Hrs

So the average number of hours per day breaks down to:

4.54 Hrs

Well I am beginning to realize that compared to a fair majority of people I spend just a little bit more time on Scouts when compared to other Scouts. To me though I think that I am just doing my share of the work for Scouts that is expected of me. Of course I would never expect someone else to spend as much time as I do on Scouts on a monthly basis but in reality if you have 4 weeks of meetings plus a campout or another day long activity then the total hours should come to about 30 hours or 6 hours worth of meetings plus on average 14 hours for the Scout weekend activity that is occurring during that particular. Yes since most Troops go camping pretty much 10 to 12 months a year the activity hours probably is a fair bit higher but I would just say that the number of hours spent pretty fairly represents the number of hours Scouts spend on monthly outings.




Yours in Scouting Service
Mark West
Assistant Scoutmaster
Troop 1316, Troop 1616(aka 669), Troop 125
Tustumena District/ Denali District/ Eklutna District, Great Alaska Council
NSJ '05 Youth Participant NSJ '10 Subcamp 7 Youth Staff NSJ '13 Subcamp Staff
WSJ '07 Youth Participant WSJ '11 International Service Team(IST)
Eagle Scout OA Brotherhood Honor Big Horn Denver Area Council NYLT QM Philmont AA '08


If you are paid to do Scouting, you are called a professional. If you are not paid to do Scouting, you are called a Volunteer. If you pay to do Scouting, then you are called a Scouter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews