- People are illogical, unreasonable and self-centered - Love them anyway.
- If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives - Do good anyway.
- If you are successful, you win false friends and true enemies - Succeed anyway.
- The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow - Do good anyway.
- Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable - Be honest and frank anyway.
- The biggest people, with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest people with the smallest minds - Think big anyway.
- People favor underdogs but only follow top dogs - Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
- What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight - Build anyway.
- People really need help, but may attack you if you do help them - Help them anyway.
- Give the world the best you have and you may get kicked in the teeth. Give the world your best anyway.
Why is it so easy for people to be so negative and mean to others is because of the fact that we have become a society that focuses on individualism and scouting is trying to teach the opposite of individualism. We are trying to create a world of moral and ethical leaders ready to face the challenges of today's world, knowing that what they stand for is the right thing to stand for.
Yours in Scouting Service
Junior Assistant Scoutmaster