Sunday 27 April 2008

Scout-O-Rama


Scout-O-Rama
April 26, 2008
Well this previous saturday morning I woke up to find that 4 inches of new snow had accumulated on the ground, my Troop was suppose to do a outside display of a pioneering tower for this promotional scouting event. The fortunate thing for the Troop was just as we were finishing clearing the snow off the mall parking lot, the mall manager who is a really nice guy shows up and offers that as long as we put down tarps on the carpet we can build the pioneering tower inside. For me this was absolutely fabulous because it meant that my stress level could go way down. The reason why my stress level went down was because I did not have to worry about a slippery surface or cold weather. Throughout the day I basically served as a critiquor and safety officer instead of actually building the tower. The reason why they had me do this was because of the fact that I was the most senior scout at the event. The SPL did not show up to the event so the running of the event fell to me as the JASM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews