- Cellphones should not be used including the texting feature when a person is speaking to the group. It does not matter whether it is a youth or adult.
- Put the cellphone on at least vibrate but preferably silent when involved in a Scout meeting.
- Just because you want to talk or text someone on your phone does not mean that the rest of the world wants to experience or hear the conversation.
- I will take full responsibility and not blame anyone else if my phone is damaged, loss, or stolen. The only exception is if a phone is stolen by another scout then appropriate consequences should be used.
- I will use my cell phone only when appropriate.
- I will only use my cell phone when I have to. When I have to means it is for communicating information to parents, communicating information to adult leaders or communicating information to other youth members.
- I will keep my conversation on my phone down. I realize that the whole world does not want to hear my conversation.
- I will not let my phone become a distraction to myself or others.
- I realize that if I do not take appropriate percautions on scout outings there is a very high likelihood that the phone will become damaged.
- I agree that I will not be a show off with my phone because show offs are really just insecure people that have to push others around to feel good.
Yours in Scouting Service
Junior Assistant Scoutmaster
Great Alaska COuncil
Eagle Scout OA Brotherhood Member
NSJ '05 WSJ '07 Philmont AA '08