Tuesday 7 April 2009

Planning SOP

I have finally had it with reminding the Senior Patrol Leader that he is expected to plan and execute the meetings. If he is not there then he needs someone else to run the meeting. I am not trying to be negative or derogatory towards my SPL but I really need to do something else in order to ensure he succeeds and the Troop succeeds. The Troop does fine but it would be much better if I had a strong youth leadership team. So my solution is to write a SPL SOP. For those of you who do not know what a SOP is a SOP is a standard operating procedure. Basically I am over the long weekend going to write a SOP that describes the functions of the SPL and what is expected for outings and on a weekly basis. I will probably post this document in multiple parts for others to view once I finish it.

Again let me remind you that this may not be 100% in line with BSA policy but it is what works for our Troop that follows BSA guidelines as closely as possible. Another reminder this solution is just a possible solution for this problem. Hopefully some of you will be able to take the information and use it in your own Troop.

Also if anybody has any suggestions for making scouts perform the planning and logistics aspect of their position it would be greatly appreciated.

Yours in Scouting Service
Mark W
Junior Assistant Scoutmaster
Troop 1616
Great Alaska COuncil
Eagle Scout OA Brotherhood Member
NSJ '05 WSJ '07 Philmont AA '08

Also if anyone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews