Thursday 9 July 2009

Its official

It is official I have just recently completed my adult leader basic training. Basic training was super easy for me because I have basically lived and breathed scouting for the past 12 years. Basic leader training for the position of Assistant Scoutmaster includes the following three courses:

New Leader Essentials or This is Scout Training

Scoutmaster and Assistant Scoutmaster Leader Specific Training

Introduction to outdoor leadership skills

In next couple of posts I will talk about what each course is for those of you who are not familiar with the courses.

I believe that getting trained was a essential part of the adult scouter journey even though I have been in a leadership role in the Boy Scouts since I was 13 years old.

Yours in Scouting Service
Mark W
Assistant Scoutmaster
Troop 1616
Great Alaska COuncil
Eagle Scout OA Brotherhood Member
NSJ '05 WSJ '07 '11 Philmont AA '08

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I look forward to reading your perspective on the adult training and whether or not it's what you expected it to be.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews