Wednesday 28 March 2012

Weekend and Summer Camp Options For Boy Scouts(Post 3)

For regular readers:
WARNING: This is not intended to serve as a actual continuation post for this "Camping Options" series but will be related to that subject! 
Well now that I got that warning out of the way I just wanted to update readers on why this has series has gotten the attention it deserves and it basically comes down to 2 different reasons with 1 being a reasonable excuse and the other being a excuse that is just truthfully not a valid excuse. First off i will start off with the poor excuse for the excuses of not covering the series more regular is that it plain and simple comes down to me being to lazy to actually figure out where I wanted to head & determine a more specific course that will better help narrow and focus the series. I beginning to think though that this may be a dead end situation with really no hope of covering the information that was originally intended to be covered but for right I haven't made up my mind yet, so more or less you should go under the assumption right now to probably not look for a completion to this series but instead I will still cover some of this material listed in post 2 but they will just be randomly interested single post series.

I guess you could say that some of that explanation is logical & not just about being lazy but really thats probably stretching that a little to far but know for this point it actually will I hope to you will be reasonable like I believe it is. As such the excuse is that lately with both of the Troop's I work with in Anchorage, Alaska have been needing me to focus or spend the majority of my time on covering aquatics material, so I thought that sense the Troop I was working with was doing a aquatics theme I decided that this would help me to determine what I know and what I don't know when it comes to explaining and teaching SSD.

Theres the two reason look for sometime in the next week or so a update about where I will be heading next with this camping options series. Please be patient as this transition occurs and after this last major hurdle it will go back to my blog not having as many corrections or making you think that I am going to continue the series and then not follow through with what I said. More or less the point I'm trying to make is that during the last 2 months or so I have been experimenting with how to create a wider target audience and a bigger readership but obviously some of my ideas have not gone on as planned.





Yours in Scouting Service
Mark West
Assistant Scoutmaster
Troop 1316, Troop 1616(aka 669), Troop 125
Tustumena District/ Denali District/ Eklutna District, Great Alaska Council
NSJ '05 Youth Participant NSJ '10 Subcamp 7 Youth Staff NSJ '13 Subcamp Staff
WSJ '07 Youth Participant WSJ '11 International Service Team(IST)
Eagle Scout OA Brotherhood Honor Big Horn Denver Area Council NYLT QM
Philmont AA '08


If you are paid to do Scouting, you are called a professional. If you are not paid to do Scouting, you are called a Volunteer. If you pay to do Scouting, then you are called a Scouter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews