Thursday 5 April 2012

Scout Hours Update 3

So March ended about 5 days ago and lets just say I was pretty shocked to see the number of hours I spent on Scouts. But then again it really didn't bother me that much because of the fact that I pretty much on a very regular basis for the month of March had too much time on my hands. Having too much time available is somewhat of a interesting thing that can be taken both negative and positively depending your outlook towards the whole situation.

Well before I waste time rambling on the positive and negative effects that having too much time available  to work with I guess I need to move onto the real purpose. So here without further rambling the total number of hours spent on Scout Projects for the month of March in the year of 2012 is that of:

266.75 hours

Another more meaningful way to break this down is to share the bowling is to state it as a ratio of hours per days and that ratio is as follows:

8.6 hrs/day

Now that is definitely a large number based upon the month that just finished but in reality I would've thought that even that number of hours wasn't enough to do justice to all the posts on the blog, organized Scout activities, or various other Scout Projects that I felt I should've spent more time on in order to have made more progress. Obviously, I realize most people wouldn't have the energy or time to commit to that level. Instead what I ask is that a Scout or Scouter spend the time required of them to be beneficial to their unit.




Yours in Scouting Service
Mark West
Assistant Scoutmaster
Troop 1316, Troop 1616(aka 669), Troop 125
Tustumena District/ Denali District/ Eklutna District, Great Alaska Council
NSJ '05 Youth Participant NSJ '10 Subcamp 7 Youth Staff NSJ '13 Subcamp Staff
WSJ '07 Youth Participant WSJ '11 International Service Team(IST)
Eagle Scout OA Brotherhood Honor Big Horn Denver Area Council NYLT QM Philmont AA '08


If you are paid to do Scouting, you are called a professional. If you are not paid to do Scouting, you are called a Volunteer. If you pay to do Scouting, then you are called a Scouter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews