Thursday 19 November 2009

Pack 69 November 18 Meeting

Yesterday's meeting went okay. We worked on the Heritage Belt Loop, this went fairly well and we ended up completing three requirements. We did this as a pack wide activity because we only have 10 boys. I think we need to work on doing Activities in Dens or at least partial dens, maybe we could do a Webelos and then a younger scout group because we have almost enough webelos to make a full Den. Also dividing the ages this way will help the older and younger boys get more out of the program. I may sugggest this at the Pack planning meeting coming up this weekend. I think that this would help distribute the weight among all the leaders in the Pack. I believe that the Den leaders need to take a more active role but that is just me. I will discuss this with the other adults this weekend and see what they thhink.

I will keep posting weekly meeting updates for every meeting, in order to ensure I track my progress as leader.

Two important announcements though:

1) No meeting next week because of thanksgiving.

2) Leader Specific Training: I will almost have completed all of my basic training for my position again after December 5. The only thing I will have left to do is outdoor leader training which will occur in the spring.

Yours in Scouting Service
Mark W
Assistant Den Leader Pack 69
Frontier District, Denver Area Council
NSJ '05 Youth Participant '10 Subcamp 7 Youth Staff
Eagle Scout OA Brotherhood Member
WSJ '07 '11 Philmont AA '08

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews